Theresa Cantu, a scientist at North Carolina State University, explains the findings of a study on the PFA chemical levels in striped bass in the Cape Fear.
Support the show (https://shoresides.org/support/)
Want to Help:
- Donate – to Coastal Carolina Riverwatch an organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the lands, waters, and communities across easter NC.
- Support – Buy Local Fish From: The Brunswick Catch, Carteret Catch, Ocracoke Fresh, Outer Banks Catch
- Advocate – Call NC Senators: Richard Burr 202 224 3154, and Thom Tillis 704 509 9087 and demand they support a strong Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, as attempts to weaken it would undermine its successful work in protecting the health of America’s fisheries
- Grants/Scholarships – Want to get involved in work that focuses on Healthy Coastal Ecosystems, Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture, Resilient Coastal Communities and Economies, Environment Literacy or Workforce development? Visit NOAA Sea Grant to find out what opportunities they have available.
- Fishing Industry Network – Part of the seafood industry and want to promote your product? Join one of Coastal Carolinas Catch Groups: Brunswick Catch, Carteret Catch, Ocracoke Fresh, or Outer Banks Catch.