Two Kinds of Storms: Coronavirus & Hurricanes
In this episode, we explore how the coronavirus pandemic is impacting people who are still in recovery from Hurricane Florence. We also talk about how our experience with hurricanes in coastal North Carolina has prepared us to deal with the impacts of COVID-19 – and how it hasn’t.
Storm Stories is a collection of stories about the effects of hurricanes. This podcast and radio series explores resilience and recovery in the coastal region through local stories.
Support the show (https://shoresides.org/support/).
Want to Help:
- Donate – To The Good Shepherd Center to fund housing assistance programs.
- Advocate – Call NC Senators: Richard Burr 202-224-3154, and Thom Tillis 704-509-9087 tell them to advocate for H.R. 2721 The Pathways out of Poverty Act, that would expand funding for temporary assistance programs.
- Shelter – For temporary shelter call The Good Shepherd Center 910-763-4424.
- Financial Assistance – For help with Financial Assistance call Lloyd Stiles from Coastal Community Action at 252-342-4831.
- Other Resources – Consult this list. It provides a guide for general resources as well as resources specific to Craven County.