Gloria Walters is one of a growing number of people adapting to the new realities of climate change displacement. Hit by Hurricanes Matthew and Florence, her hometown of Fair Bluff North Carolina lost half its population and is considered a ghost town now. What’s it like to be hurricane refugee?
Support the show (https://shoresides.org/support/).
Want to Help:
- Donate – To The Good Shepherd Center to fund housing assistance programs.
- Advocate – Call NC Senators: Richard Burr 202-224-3154, and Thom Tillis 704-509-9087 tell them to advocate for H.R. 2721 The Pathways out of Poverty Act, that would expand funding for temporary assistance programs.
- Shelter – For temporary shelter call The Good Shepherd Center 910-763-4424.
- Financial Assistance – For help with Financial Assistance call Lloyd Stiles from Coastal Community Action at 252-342-4831.
- Other Resources – Consult this list. It provides a guide for general resources as well as resources specific to Craven County.