Fanny Irving has lived in Trenton all of her life. She lives in the home that from 1971 – 1975 she built with her late husband. First Floyd, and now Florence, have taken that home from her.
Flood Zone is a special investigation reporting on flooding in Coastal Carolina communities. The podcast is a special project of Shoresides and Working Narratives.
Support the show (https://shoresides.org/support/)
Want to Help:
- Donate – To The Good Shepherd Center to fund housing assistance programs.
- Advocate – Call NC Senators: Richard Burr 202-224-3154, and Thom Tillis 704-509-9087 tell them to advocate for H.R. 2721 The Pathways out of Poverty Act, that would expand funding for temporary assistance programs.
- Shelter – For temporary shelter call The Good Shepherd Center 910-763-4424.
- Financial Assistance – For help with Financial Assistance call Lloyd Stiles from Coastal Community Action at 252-342-4831.
- Other Resources – Consult this list. It provides a guide for general resources as well as resources specific to Craven County.